The KYMS Team
RABBI DR. GIL S. PERL, Head of School
As Head of School, Rabbi Perl provides the vision and sees to its implementation in Kohelet Yeshiva Lab School, Middle School, and High School. In his capacity as Chief Academic Officer of the Kohelet Foundation, Rabbi Perl led the design team which first conceived of the Lab School’s unique educational approach and brought it to the life. Before coming to the Philadelphia area, Rabbi Perl served as the Head of School of the Margolin Hebrew Academy, a PreK-12 Orthodox Day School in
Memphis, TN. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Pennsylvania, his MA and Ph.D in Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations from Harvard University, and rabbinical ordination from Yeshiva University. Follow Rabbi Perl on his blog gilperl.com and on Twitter at @gperl.
MRS. BECKY TROODLER, Principal
Mrs. Troodler is an educator whose teaching and administrative background spans the full range of early childhood, elementary and middle school grades. Before joining Kohelet Yeshiva Lab School as its founding Principal, she was the General Studies, Middle School Assistant Principal at Yeshivat Noam, in Paramus, NJ. Mrs. Troodler holds a MA in Math Education. In addition to her teaching and administrative experience at Yeshivat Noam, she has also taught at RYNJ in River Edge, NJ and at JEC in Elizabeth, NJ. Follow Mrs. Troodler on Twitter at @BeckyTroodler.
At KYMS we understand that a key component of a school’s success is its educators. With that in
mind, we hire exceptional teachers across all subject areas.
We use a rigorous hiring process to select educators who are student-focused, passionate, and excited about adding his or her unique voice to our team. Educators are selected because we believe they are able to implement our learning model, enrich our community, and help our children maximize their potential.
We hire teachers who demonstrate the ability, willingness and commitment to:
- Actively participate in a Modern Orthodox Yeshiva environment and foster a love of Israel and devotion to G-d in all students.
- Listen to and appreciate each student as an individual.
- Set high expectations for all students, while also supporting their multiple and variedneeds.
- Collect data and research on each student and how they learn best in order to creativeadaptive and personalized instruction.
- Design learning spaces and experiences that elicit the voice of the student and allowstudents to be active participants in and have ownership of their learning.
- Support students in developing habits of heart and mind alongside content-area learninggoals.
- Collaborate with parents, students, and colleagues to contribute to a culture of curiosity,wonder, and love of learning.
Our KYMS teaching team will consist of expert educators in the content areas of:
- Torah She-Ba’al Peh