INCLUSION TEACHERMiddle School
NOW HIRING FOR 2017-2018
About Kohelet Yeshiva Middle School
The world is rapidly changing, and in order for our children to succeed, schools must change too. At KYMS, we are redefining what is possible in Jewish education by actively engaging students in intellectual inquiry and creative design through empirically supported approaches to academic, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual growth.
KYMS is a warm, student-centered, interdisciplinary, multi-age Modern Orthodox middle school that fosters creativity, critical thinking, confidence & compassion.
Kohelet Yeshiva Middle School, a new, educationally progressive, 6-8 Modern Orthodox Day School located in Merion Station, Pennsylvania, seeks a dynamic and talented educator for the position of Inclusion Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. The Inclusion Teacher position is envisioned as a full-day position encompassing all Judaic and General Studies instruction for a multi-age 6-8 learning environment.
The successful candidate will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment to ensure that the diverse learning, social, and emotional needs of all students are being met.
- Fully participate in the fast-paced “all-hands-on-deck” culture of a potentially groundbreaking startup endeavor.
- Co-teach with colleagues at the 6-8 grade level so as to create meaningful integration between the Judaic and General Studies curriculum.
- Admit their own shortcomings and actively pursue their own professional growth as a constructivist educator.
- Take risks in an environment where the success and failure of all initiatives will be publically shared so as to advance the field of Jewish Education in North America.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about the benefits of an inclusive learning environment for all students.
- Have a MA in Special Education or a related field of study.
- Be comfortable teaching and developing curriculum for both Judaic and General studies for a multi- age 6-8 learning environment for all children regardless of learning needs.
- Be comfortable with Ivrit.
- Have experience with constructivist pedagogy, inclusion model, and a student-centered classroom.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you want to be part of a team of passionate and talented educators that are committed to changing the face of Jewish education, please email your resume to Kohelet Yeshiva Middle School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us online for more information about our educational philosophy and to learn more about our school: