Careers at Yeshiva Lab School
NOW HIRING FOR 2016-2017
TEACHER OF GENERAL STUDIES
Yeshiva Lab School, a new, educationally progressive, K-8 Modern Orthodox Day School located in Lower Merion, Pennsylvania, seeks a dynamic and talented educator for the position of Teacher of General Studies for the 2016-2017 school year. The General Studies position is envisioned as a full-day position encompassing all General Studies instruction for a multi-age K-1 learning environment.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Early Childhood or Elementary School education and a Masters degree in a related area of study. Experience with constructivist pedagogy and a student-centered classroom is strongly preferred.
He or she will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Fully participate in the fast-paced “all-hands-on-deck” culture of a potentially groundbreaking startup endeavor.
- Co-teach with colleagues in Judaic Studies at the K-1 grade level so as to create meaningful integration between the Judaic and General Studies curriculum.
- Admit their own shortcomings and actively pursue their own professional growth as a constructivist educator.
- Take risks in an environment where the success and failure of all initiatives will be publicly shared so as to advance the field of Jewish Education in North America.
The Teacher of General Studies will work with the Principal and with the school’s consultants to begin training in constructivist pedagogy prior to the 2016-2017 school year. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. If you want to be part of a team of passionate and talented educators that are committed to changing the face of Jewish education, please email your resume to Yeshiva Lab School Principal, Mrs. Becky Troodler, email@example.com.
Visit us online for more information about our educational philosophy and to learn more about our school: