Careers at Yeshiva Lab School
NOW HIRING FOR 2016-2017
MASTER TEACHER OF JUDAIC STUDIES
Yeshiva Lab School, a new, educationally progressive, K-8 Modern Orthodox Day School located in Lower Merion, Pennsylvania, seeks a dynamic and talented educational leader for the position of Master Teacher of Judaic Studies for the 2016-2017 school year. The Judaic Studies position is envisioned as a full-day, 12 month position encompassing both full-time elementary Judaic Studies instruction as well as K-8 Judaic Studies curriculum development, oversight, and implementation. In addition, the position will entail leadership responsibilities and opportunities related to the expansion of the school from a K-1 in 2016 to a full K-8 by 2020.
The successful candidate will have a BA and Masters degree in fields related to education and Judaic Studies. He or she will also be comfortable conducting a genuinely Ivrit B’Ivrit classroom. Experience with constructivist pedagogy and a student-centered classroom is strongly preferred.
He or she will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Fully participate in the fast-paced “all-hands-on-deck” culture of a potentially groundbreaking startup endeavor.
- Co-teach with colleagues in General Studies at all elementary school grade levels so as to create meaningful integration between the Judaic and General Studies curriculum.
- Admit their own shortcomings and actively pursue their own professional growth as a constructivist educator.
- Take risks in an environment where the success and failure of all initiatives will be publicly shared so as to advance the field of Jewish Education in North America.
The Master Teacher of Judaic Studies will work with the Principal and with the school’s consultants to begin training in constructivist pedagogy prior to the 2016-2017 school year. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you want to be part of a team of passionate and talented educational leaders that is committed to changing the face of Jewish education, please email your resume to Yeshiva Lab School Principal, Mrs. Becky Troodler, email@example.com.
Visit us online for more information about our educational philosophy and to learn more about our school: