TEACHER OF JUDAIC STUDIESLab School
TEACHER OF JUDAIC STUDIES
Lab School | Full-Time
Kohelet Yeshiva Lab School, a new, educationally progressive, K-8 Modern Orthodox Day School located in Merion Station, Pennsylvania, seeks a dynamic and talented educational leader for the position of Teacher of Judaic Studies for the 2017-2018 school year. The Judaic Studies position is envisioned as a full-day, position encompassing all Judaic Studies instruction for a multi-age lower elementary learning environment.
The successful candidate will have a BA as well as a graduate degree in fields related to education and Judaic Studies. He or she will also be comfortable conducting a genuinely Ivrit B’Ivrit classroom. Experience with constructivist pedagogy and a student-centered classroom is strongly preferred.
He or she will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Fully participate in the fast-paced “all-hands-on-deck” culture of a potentially groundbreaking startup endeavor.
- Co-teach with colleagues in General Studies so as to create meaningful integration between the Judaic and General Studies curricula.
- Admit their own shortcomings and actively pursue their own professional growth as a constructivist educator.
- Take risks in an environment where the success and failure of all initiatives will be publically shared so as to advance the field of Jewish Education in North America.
The Teacher of Judaic Studies will work with the Principal and with the school’s consultants to begin training in constructivist pedagogy prior to the 2017-2018 school year. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you want to be part of a team of passionate and talented educational leaders that is committed to changing the face of Jewish education, please email your resume to Kohelet Yeshiva Lab School: Innovators@yeshivalabschool.org.
Visit us online for more information about our educational philosophy and to learn more about our school: