Careers at Yeshiva Lab School
NOW HIRING FOR 2016-2017
Yeshiva Lab School, a new, educationally progressive, K8 Modern Orthodox Day School located in Lower Merion, Pennsylvania, seeks a dynamic and talented educator for the position of Inclusion Teacher for the 2016-2017 school year. The Inclusion Teacher position is envisioned as a full-day position encompassing all Judaic and General Studies instruction for a multi-age K-1 learning environment.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the benefits of an inclusive learning environment for all students. He/she will have a MA in Special Education or a related field of study. The candidate will feel comfortable teaching and developing curriculum for both Judaic and General studies for a multi-age K-1 learning environment for all children regardless of learning needs. He/she will also be comfortable with Ivrit. Experience with constructivist pedagogy, inclusion model, and a studentcentered classroom is strongly preferred.
He or she will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Work in a highly collaborative team environment to ensure that the diverse learning, social, and emotional needs of all students are being met.
- Fully participate in the fast-paced “all-hands-on-deck” culture of a potentially groundbreaking startup endeavor.
- Co-teach with colleagues at the K-1 grade level so as to create meaningful integration between the Judaic and General Studies curriculum.
- Admit their own shortcomings and actively pursue their own professional growth as a constructivist educator.
- Take risks in an environment where the success and failure of all initiatives will be publicly shared so as to advance the field of Jewish Education in North America.
The Inclusion Teacher will work with the Principal and with the school’s consultants to begin training in constructivist pedagogy prior to the 2016-2017 school year. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you want to be part of a team of passionate and talented educators that are committed to changing the face of Jewish education, please email your resume to Yeshiva Lab School Principal, Mrs. Becky Troodler, email@example.com.
Visit us online for more information about our educational philosophy and to learn more about our school: